domingo, 29 de junho de 2014

So let the darkness come

The chemicals run through my veins
My senses numb, my heart in my ears
Tears subside to flow, subside to grow 
And then the darkness will come

I go through the motions 
My body breathes for me because I don't give it any thought
My face contracts as to express some ancient dreams
And so the darkness shall come.

The light of the screen flickers in the dark room
The sound of the useless fan that spins and spews back out the hot air
Everywhere memories of distant people, distant lives
And yet the darkness is coming

Those who've never loved have no business loving
Old voices, buried ghosts whisper in my brain
But all I feel is the ticking of the heart and the beating of the clock
I'm closer now... To the darkness I've called upon

They rage against my senses now!
Overpowering what would have been, what could have been and what will never be
As the tide washes over my legs. My chest. Covers my face.
I lie down still and accept... It has come

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário